very good original condition
h 161 / w 27 / d 40 cm
A "9613" floor lamp with wood stripe shade, designed by Paavo Tynell. The stem is in brass and the lampshade can be moved variably. Manufactured by Taito Oy. Paavo Tynell was one of the founders of Taito firm, serving as its director and head designer until 1954. Tynell’s main work includes lighting design for the Lasipalatsi building in Helsinki and the lighting for the office of the Secretary General of United Nations. From the 1930s until the 1950s, Tynell was one of Finland’s most widely used designers of light fittings for public spaces. Tynell among other things collaborates with Finland House, Lightolier and architect Alvar Aalto on fixtures for the Paimio sanatorium, Savoy restaurant, and Viipuri library.